American Tissue Services Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to caring for families and helping them heal from the death of their loved ones.
Accredited by the American Association of Tissue Banks, we provide a compassionate and knowledgeable team of education, recovery and quality systems professionals. We support healthcare agencies, coroners, medical examiners and funeral professionals through donation education and training. We partner with organizations dedicated to the innovative use of tissue in medical care and research.
Tissue enhances—and sometimes saves—lives through procedures conducted thousands of times each year. It is it our mission and honor to support donor families and recipients, and to help rebuild lives through the gift of tissue donation.
The mission of American Tissue Services Foundation (ATSF), a non-profit organization, is to rebuild lives through the gift of donation. The Foundation provides compassionate support for donor families during the donation event and beyond, employs a highly competent and caring staff, and partners with organizations dedicated to the innovative use of tissue in medical care and research.
Our ethical principles are the values upon which we operate as employees and volunteers in pursuit of our mission. That mission is to help tissue donor families realize their donation wishes and to serve the needs of patients by making innovative tissue products available to the medical community.
- Compassion. We will be attentive to the needs of our donor families and others involved in the donation decision, and will act to meet those needs through our words and deeds. We will act in ways that are consistent with our mission to support the donation process.
- Respect for others. We will be open and direct in our communication, and receptive to the ideas and concerns of others. We will value their contributions and be accountable for our actions. We shall show the utmost respect for the deceased as we fulfill our obligations to donor families and patients.
- Honesty. We will not make false or misleading statements. We will never deliberately mislead. We will share information, as needed, within the confines of confidentiality. We will honor commitments and fulfill our obligations.
- Confidentiality. We will maintain the confidentiality of all information provided in confidence, and protect the anonymity of donors and donor families.
- Fairness. We will follow a process designed to achieve outcomes that are fair, evenhanded and non-arbitrary.
- Quality. We will create and follow quality processes that ensure the quality of our support for donor families and patients. We assure the competency of our staff through extensive initial and ongoing training.
- Integrity. We will strive to abide by ethical principles and meet standards of conduct appropriate to the nature of our work, at all times.